View Single Post
Old 12-06-2018, 06:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oiler_nation View Post
I have found it really hard to separate the fact from fiction. I did carve out some time to read the proposal when they released it a few weeks back, and I know that the majority of the area is PLUZ and Wildland Park with several smaller provincial parks included. You mentioned that we as hunters are losing a vast area, are you saying that we will not be able to hunt and fish in the Park? I had just assumed it would be a new Wilmore, have you heard anything different? I have mixed feelings about it, I own a quad, but living here and seeing the issues created by random RV camping and areas of unfettered quad access I do think something has to change. My take has always been that if I can fish, hunt, and back-country camp I am tentatively in favour, but if you are saying those are being eliminated I have some serious concerns. Just trying to wrap my head around this thing while the consultation period is still open.

I have the same stance as you.
What I’ve read so far has led me to understand we could lose the opportunity to hunt/fish...it would be another provincial park. I could be very wrong but that’s what I’ve understood. Trying to read up more on it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk