View Single Post
Old 12-02-2018, 08:47 PM

I couldn't agree with you more on that Chuck.

I just about jumped into Match shooting with a custom Bell / Carlson stock,,, don't get me wrong,,, they make a nice A series. Defiantly on the heavy side if a person goes that route.

Log Comb at the rear with a limited length in the fore-end to place the Remple rest away from the trigger.

Then I shot a Custom RG stock from Cris in Calgary,,, yes,,, $$$,,, seems like alot of coin,,, what a dream to work with. Kinda like a land canon. LOL

I like custom stocks, some folks don't have this option, match grade stuff involves coin.

I switch stocks back and forth "once" in a while, it helps remind me of why I picked a few different stock designs. Big fan of wood.

A costume barrle is X amount of funds,,, so I normally double those costs for a nice chunk of wood,,, then add a soft wide body pad... Oh Yha...

The crisp lite Jewell trigger makes it happen.

I can see the shot right now with the land canon planted,,, a quick bubble test, quick glance at the shifting winds,,, remain calm and relaxed,,, bring the cross hairs form bottom up,,, the count down is closing in on 2 seconds,,, my eye takes over.

My cheek weld and left hand only steer the ship,,, "hopefully" the trigger goes off clean. Hopefully under the 3 second mark.

Did I mention I'm a South-paw working off of right-hand rocks. Ha. Dam mother nature !!!

I was hounered to watch a few of the RMH shooters practic this before going to Southern Alberta for the Iron Silhouettes match down there,,, I can see my self giving their sport a try... Its a little bit different then our F Class stuff.

It's a family shooting thing,,, even the gals take part.

Like I said in my above post, there are 1000's of options,,, big / small / medium size guns,,, and the frugal 22 rimfire.

Nothing like bring the whole family into the sport,,, it helps all of us like minded folks.

Ye Ha

Last edited by Don_Parsons; 12-02-2018 at 08:54 PM.