View Single Post
Old 11-29-2018, 11:14 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyksta View Post
Everytime these charts come up, there's always the silent ninja 270. For such an old design, it still really does a good balancing act. If i was to ever give up short action, 270 would definately be high on the list...
I'm a big 270 fan, my pet blaser k95 in 270 is amazing. It's all I would ever need but not ideal for lots of shooting or calling predators. For a repeater I've gone Grendel route but a creedmoor was next on my list. For standard short action the 7-08 or 6.5 cm would be tough to beat. Either choice as a reloader but factory ammo then easy creedmoor wins imo.

Keep in mind if you looked at most standard loads for the older cartridges...your 150 gr core-locks, silver tips, psp's etc then you'd see a far wider gap in performance to the new kids. I just thought using hornady only with the modern heavy slippery options would show the best comparisons available.

The new kids increase versatility by design, and running high bc sd allows them to do what a handful of cartridges can do for the powder you burn.