Thread: Sightron SIII?
View Single Post
Old 11-04-2018, 10:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tpindy View Post
Looking to buy another piece of glass, and I’ve heard a couple recommendations to try a Sightron SIII.

How is:
Glass clarity
Coatings
Tracking
Turrets (feel, feedback)
Ease of focus at high magnification

Cheers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have a 6-24x50 SIII. It started out on a 338 Edge but I now have it on a 6.5CM target rifle. It stood up, with no problem, to the BIG recoil of the 338. The only reason it came off the 338 was because it's a FFP and the reticle gets very hard to see in low light on low power. Had the dot been illuminated, it would most likely still be on that rifle.

Clarity is very good but it lacks a bit in contrast.
Not sure what you want to know about the coatings. If it's about glare, I've had zero issues but always have the sun shade on.
Tracking on mine has been spot on and returns to zero without any problems. The only real issue I have is the lack of a zero stop. One can be made relatively easy but I haven't built one yet.
Turrets are good but seem a wee bit on the "mushy" side. That being said, they still feel very good.
I have no problems getting clear focus with it, even at max power. The focus adjustment could stand to be a little bit finer though.