View Single Post
Old 11-04-2018, 07:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry D View Post
Doesn't take long to add up.

I started with the RCBS

If I would do it again. I would jump right in.

The rcbs rock chucker supreme deluxe kit for 1200.00 and I would probably pick up a balance beam scale on the side.

With dies and stuff. I'd say 1500.00 for all 3 cartidges would be a top notch rcbs kit.
Yes, you can start with a basic LEE kit, and replace the scale, and then upgrade over time, or you can start out with better gear, and not bother upgrading. My RCBS press is over 35 years old, and it will serve me the rest of my life but I am using a Chargemaster, and Universal case prep center and universal priming tools, which I purchased over the years, because they make loading quicker and easier for me. I also use much higher priced dies than I used to, as I prefer micrometer adjustable dies, and neck bushing dies for some applications. Some die sets actually cost well over $300, which adds up quickly. And if you get into loading to save money, that doesn't usually work, unless you pick one load from a book, and just load it, and don't experiment with other components. Usually, it doesn't take long to build up a huge supply of powders and bullets to experiment with. I have downsized my firearms inventory, and have been selling ff components, and it is amazing how much I had accumulated over the years.lol