Thread: Hawaii hunting
View Single Post
Old 10-14-2018, 05:57 PM

I went to Hawaii this past spring. Stayed in Wikiki but we flew over to Maui for the one day. This was about half hour flight as we were at full altitude for 3 minutes i think before the decent. In the Maui airport there were a couple guys with their bow cases and i asked them what they were hunting and they told me goats on the other side of Hana in the desert.

We took the road to Hana on a bus tour. My wife hated it as the guy drove one of those 2ton van buses like he stole it way faster than the posted speed limit. Quite an experience. I wounldnt have been at all surprised to be dead today. We drove clockwise around The Maui island.

Anyways on that tour when we got through the insanity of the winding through the jungle. when we got to the desert side, this is like southern AB or Sw Sask with semi arid grazing. Over there there were the goat jackalope looking things everwhere. Just like gophers in June here and didnt seem to wild. I do believe i even screen shot where this was on the iphone map as if i ever went back.

There are wild pigs somewhere on a different island.

If you want to not die at Hana on the highway, go counter clockwise and you wont have any issues.