View Single Post
Old 10-07-2018, 11:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatboyz View Post
I just finished rereading a copy of primitive archer while out camping and an article about what is real bow hunting. It was very clear that using a compound bow was not bow hunting, and they were lumped in with crossbows. The article even went so far as to state that they should have their own record book, and not be considered bow kills, but archery kills, using an arrow. To be a bow hunter that bow needed to be a recurve or long bow, and drawn with a single string. They also separated traditional and primitive, and varying degrees of each.
So, back to the original question, who is hunting with wood and wood this year? Wood bow and wood arrows. I won't go as far as home made wood arrows, but commercial wood shafts are ok, so are synthetic strings.
I'm hunting solely this year with my bamboo backed Osage longbow and cedar shafts with Bodkin broad heads. Next year will be yew bow, salmon berry shafts and hand knapped points. Shafts and points are done, bow is 60% done.
Sorta a veiled insult at a lot of Members here using compound bows...... so do you agree with the article?