View Single Post
Old 09-15-2018, 04:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by happy honker View Post
SNS. I think the police are going to be spending a lot of time dealing with this, especially from the onset.
There will be stoned people everywhere they'll have to deal with, and lots of time spent road testing stoned drivers instead of doing other police work.

Just wait until edibles hit the streets. (or start getting distributed from people making them illegally, from LEGALLY purchased pot).

I heard some horror stories from a couple guys at work about how bad edibles can mess you up, especially if you don't know exactly what it is you've taken.

This will be messy, at least from the start.

However...I agree with the principle that fewer people will be sitting in jail for possession of a little bit of weed. I'm sure some pretty benign charges over the years have had an unnecessarily negative impact on otherwise upstanding peoples lives.

In other cases though, I'm sure possession was a great tool for law enforcement to take someone into custody in place of a lack of evidence for another crime, ie: "we know this is the guy who's been breaking into those cars, though we can't prove it, but we can take him in for this bag of dope we found in his pocket".
In my opinion you are very wrong. I bet you won't even notice when the legal day comes and goes. It is prevalent now and I don't even notice, this is not earth shattering like some claim.

Thomas Sowell