View Single Post
Old 08-08-2018, 09:47 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by MountainTi View Post
I have enough real world experience to NOT hunt big game with a .223

So answer me this kurt. I have a nice little cz .17 hmr. It is a tack driver. I know it will cleanly take a whitetail at 100 yds. So why shouldn't I be able to?
A .22 mag is extremely effective on whitetails. Why not one of them?
Where's the line?

You're the one who claims to know it all, not me. I back up my claims with actual real life experiences. People who have actually hunted big game with a 223 have backed their claims with real life expiriences, you're the one telling them they are wrong. You're the one who is dictatating a .240cal should be the minimum allowed based on your vast lack of experience using a 223, and possibly the .240 cal.

As for your 17, I don't know, I have no experience with them on a gopher let alone a deer and I have heard no first hand accounts from anyone who has. If I did then I'd give you my opinion.

You got your manties in a bunch because what? I think a 223 can effectively kill deer? Don't you dare look it up on YouTube, you might have a meltdown. And before you go off saying how I think a 223 is a great big game cartridge you better go back on this thread and read what I think about it.

All the same guys whining about the 6.5 Creedmoor not being adequate for big game on the 6.5 thread are now proclaiming the 243 is...... LOL, I guess it all depends on what cartridge the topic is about. Maybe Stinky should have purposed should a 17 be legal for big game and all you guys would be saying how good a 223 is?

Last edited by Kurt505; 08-08-2018 at 09:53 AM.