View Single Post
Old 08-08-2018, 06:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurt505 View Post
I said gut shot, what I meant was shot in the guts, sorry for confusing you. What wisdom would you suggest I pass on to him? "Hey Ron, aim for the lungs instead of the gut" or maybe "make sure you have enough bullets next time to account for the number of times you miss"???

The guy was a grown man, he gut shot a deer and followed up with a few misses, something I'm sure tens of thousands of hunters have done in the past and will continue to do in the future, it happens.

I've read enough of your posts not to worry about whether you believe anything I write, I really could care less what you think. The guys who actually have a clue know what I'm talking about and know I don't care if you shoot a 223 or a 338 lapua, it's the poor saps who think a magnum is a magic killing machine that I like to rattle and get their manties in a bunch. A true hunter will harvest game with whatever gun you put in his hand, he might just have to get a little closer or wait for a better angle, but that's all part of the hunt. I'm a bow hunter, I have patience, it's not like I can pick a bigger arrow so I don't have to wait for the perfect shot. It's not a hindrance or an inconvenience, it's a part of bow hunting. Ill tell you what, if I had a 223 in my hand instead of a bow I would have killed every single animal I've killed with my bow with the 223.

You said there's nothing wrong with a 280, but is there something wrong with a 270? Or a 6.5? Or 257? Or a 243? I'm just wondering where the wrong starts so I know what my limit should be.
I sorry as well for the confusion Kurt, I didn't suggest in my post anything about you offering your friend Ron wisdom,,, I asked why you didn't ask what happened rather than ending up on speculating on the story you shared with out providing details of many things that went wrong.

The all that none of us or even your self that will ever know. Don't forget my friend, you brought up the story with changing facts, then left the rest of us on the hook by speculating on what happened in your view.

One thing that's not working, and I only offer this as a suggestion since no one likes to be told / or should'ed.

If people continually get told or should'ed, they soon plug thier ears because "No One wants to be told."

Purhaps its wizer to throw out suggestions, or ask questions so a better follow up can be delt with.

So how far was this first shot Ron took, was he under cover, did the Buck spot him, if the buck stopped at the round bale.

Did Ron take his time for the follow up shot "if" he knew he hit it the first time, did he have access to a solid rest, if not,,, what other option of getting planted could he of used.

Sure, it's easy to say he got off a bad shot, but why would you or your other friend not ask what happened in stead of speculating on what really happened.

Both of you were watching from the road as you mentioned, seems like the rest of us are not getting the other details attached to the story.

I'm sure other folks think the same thing.

There would be no reason to offer any kind of wisdom when asking a question.

I'm sure Ron like a few others make mistakes, this might be how humans learn, all of you got lucky as the chase came to a successful end,,, but,,, that dosen't explain what really went down in all fairness to your friend, you or others.

A story with blank spaces and nothing to offer.

If you don't wish to fill in some of the blanks, that's ok to since speculation is kind of a way at looking at things.

It sure came across in many of your posts that magnum cartrages are the root of all evil, then turn the table to say that none of this is a factor since its all about the bullet.

Funny how folks forget that a bullet becomes a projectial from the case full of gun powder that forces it to the target. A whole different story in that category I suppose.

Feel free to chime in at your choosing, no big deal if you don't.
At least you and your friend were right there watching the whole thing play out, it would be nice know how far his first shot was from.