View Single Post
Old 06-25-2018, 09:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2 Tollers View Post
I agree on training. On the insurance side where does this go? For all dogs or only certain breeds?
Quote:
Originally Posted by silver lab View Post
I just renewed my house insurance. The insurance company asked if and what type of dog I had..... My house insurance would have been a lot higher if it was a type of dog that was on there list of “bad dogs”
Well that is interesting and a step forward. I wonder how many firms are doing this? If this is an honour system of self reporting I imagine lot's people that would not declare a dog. This would be where the fine and charges need to kick in if there is an issue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NSDucknut View Post
The first incident was they turned up an alley to head back towards my garage and 3 pitbulls came screaming out of a backyard that was unfenced and backing onto the alley. The owner came in pursuit and swore they'd never done anything like it before. Sure!

The second time the dog was off leash in a garage wide open from the yard and the overhead door. The owner was mowing his lawn in the back and had no idea the dog even ran out. That tussle was worse but no one got injured.

This is in South East Calgary. Little kids everywhere including my own. If that pack mentality kicks in with dogs free to leave their yard at will, imagine what could happen to a 3 year old like mine. I don't understand how some people's mind work.
Did you call by-law and if so what did they do or say?