View Single Post
Old 06-18-2018, 11:01 AM

[QUOTE=lclund1946;3800347]I will try and put together 5 shots at 21.9 and 5 at 22.0 and find the answer to your question. I suspect the ES and SD would be much the same as shown on target #2 that I posted as they are right in the middle of the node which is very flat from 21.7 grains to 22.2 grains. In fact on a very hot day they may well have single digit SD and be the tuned load for that temp. On a cool day the 22.2 grain load is the "tuned" but not "Fine tuned" load as I do not run varmint loads with the Berger's jammed into the lands. If you look at the ladder I posted all of shots from 21.7 to 22.2 had 0.304" vertical Edge to Edge or 0.100" which is the 1/2 bullet vertical that HW223 is alluding to. I feel this is quite good for a CZ 527 Varmint rifle/cartridge, without the benefit of a good front/rear rest, and the 300/500meter groups proved that this node is more than adequate for coyotes to 500 yards which is the intended use.

Another benefit to this load is that it is not at max pressure as Remington FL sized brass is just beginning to fireform to the chamber and primers are well rounded with just a bit of flow into the CZ firing pin hole. The Remington FL case holds 22.5 grains of Varget, with the bullet seated, so this is a near perfect load with 98.66 % load density. Perhaps I could find a Higher Pressure node, as suggested by HW223, if I "Neck Sized" the brass and worked up to a compressed load but I am not going to run excessive pressures to do it. Perhaps I cannot put all of the bullets in the same hole but my method of working up loads with a "pressure Ladder" works well for my varmint rifle. HW 223 is trying to lure me into another ****ing contest but it isn't going to work and if he posts the bullet he is running and at what velocity the numbers will be in my favor at 500 yards. Likely the groups as well![/QUOTE
There is a very easy method for load development in Tony Boyer’s book , IT IS NOT INTENDED AND DOES NOT WORK FOR 1000 yard stuff , does work very well out to around 600
if your happy with your method carry on ,shoot what ever node you like ,there is a shoot in July , all are welcome , come and shoot or outfit someone with a rig and send them and we will see how the groups fair on target regardless of the “numbers “ I welcome the challenge
The internet is a wonderful tool for information , and disinformation that’s why there are competitions , it separates the two