View Single Post
Old 06-18-2018, 09:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salavee View Post
Ok, but I'm still confused, A bullet begins to drop from the line of the bore the instant it leaves the muzzle. It will cross the line of sight twice.
Where does the " third to half bullet of vertical" come in to play .. on an axis, like "pitch" ? How do you build vertical in to a load ?
Wind deflection is dependant on a bullets BC, wind velocity, wind angle and and time of bullet flight AFIK.
Tune is dynamic and changes throughout the day, so far no one that I know of has figured out what the cause is or why the tune changes but it does, we think it’s some how related to atmospheric conditions but it’s not linear so it’s very hard to pin down. That’s why some days the pet “go to “ load shoots and others it’s a pig , very common a rifle shoots lights out in the morning and then seems broken in the afternoon,
When competing we look for a group that is small and round they have the best wind resistance , if it shoots small and flat or “loose” it’s going to get killed in the wind , usually going up in the load will fix it .1-.3 grains ,
Tuneing in the node
Really loose .250-.350 load is weak and will be some what wind sensitive , go up in powder
Tighter but flat , you just found the most wind sensitive load there is , go up in powder or take a butt kicking ,
Tight but with a small amount of vertical 1/3rd of a bullet , good place to be good wind resistance all around and easy to shoot ,
Super tight and tiny bullet holes (lucky dog ) tune is right on the edge , best come off it a bit, next group is usually a big one .
According to the math our bullets should go through the paper side ways and really long boat tail pointy bullets should rule , how ever this is far from the case so far ,which seems to suggest there is something missing in the math vs real world scenario
Problem is I compete in the real world so i work with what I see on target not on a note pad
Hope that is of some help , it’s a never ending challenge to sort out , that what makes it interesting