Thread: Lung cancer
View Single Post
Old 06-05-2018, 08:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bloopbloob View Post
I know it's very vague subject title. But don't have many answers right now. Anyone with any experience, advice, recommendations etc., it is all appreciated. My 36 yr old wife has severe pain in her chest. Went to ER. Got xray then immediate admission to a CT scan. CT AND XRAY both indicated cancer. Bloodwork after 1 week shows exact same white blood cell count, which is through the roof. WBC Didn't recede at all with aggresive antibiotics, indicating cancer. Tests show a Tennis ball sized mass in her lung. Have to wait until June 27th for a biopsy, but she is getting worse every day. I can't even hug or hold her because she can't breathe. Getting desperate for any sort of help. If anyone has any sort of experience or advice, I'm all ears. Thanks.
I can't speak for other facilities but the treatment my wife received at the Red Deer Hospital was incredible. It was almost happening too fast to absorb all the info. Diagnoses just before Christmas, surgery 2nd or 3rd of January, absolutely awesome surgeon that kept us fully informed, excellent aftercare and 5 years cancer free. They have recently upgraded the cancer treatment center so everything you might need is right there. The smaller town atmosphere might be less stressful than the big city for her.

Treatment has come a long way and a cancer diagnoses is no longer an automatic death sentence. A positive attitude from all around is imperative so make certain she is surrounded with encouragement. The internet is full of ridiculous claims from miracle cures to conspiracy theories. As difficult as it may seem, try to keep her focused on positive things she enjoys doing rather than searching the web for answers. Your doctors will keep you well informed and discuss your different options throughout the process, or at least they did with us here in Red Deer.