View Single Post
Old 05-15-2018, 10:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by obsessed1 View Post
My remarks were not directed at you specifically. Earlier on in the thread there was some guy posting about it's lack of performance on pronghorn. I have made 2 one shot kills on whitetail deer out past 400yds with my 243 shooting 95 gr partitions. I would not even hesitate to stretch the 6.5 cm to 600yds on big game. As for my marksmanship instructor qualifications if your ever out my way I'd love to do some shooting with you. I'm sure there's things I could learn from your experience. I am a decent long range shooter with kills out past 800 yds but there's always room for improvement and your never done learning. To be fair I'm not interested in ever getting a 6.5 cm but it is capable to 600yds as a big game rifle. It's been proven. To state otherwise is just incorrect
Fair enough. I may have been a bit too defensive on my assumption that it was me . Sorry... and I hear you on the Pronghorn episode.

It's rather interesting that I have three 6.5x55's -two with modern actions with high pressure loads that I have used quite a lot. I really adore the cartridge and found it to be literally lethal on Deer sized Game to around three hundred yards, mostly closer, but I have not, nor would I consider using it on Larger Game much further than 300 yds. I have larger calibers and cartridges that fill that bill much better although the 6.5x55 would be quite capable using 160 grainers. Until the CM is truly proven to be a consistent 600 Large Game cartridge, I will remain very skeptical in spite of all the speculation and I would have to see it done more than once... in real life or darn close to it, before I became a disciple. I know the more capable 6.5 Swede is not up that task. If you had one, I think you might agree.
My range is about 15 minutes from home and I'm usually there a couple of times a week during the milder months. If the opportunity arises I would welcome the opportunity to share a shooting session with you. You probably wouldn't learn anything but I might, and it would be fun.