View Single Post
Old 05-13-2018, 10:55 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by SakoShooter View Post
This really took on a life of it's own.

To be clear, I do not think the 6.5 creedmoor is some kind of do everything super cartridge that can replace a .30 magnum for example. However, it's far better than the .243 win for deer sized game in my opinion and probably just a step down from a .270 win at reasonable shooting distances.
Now obviously, a 26 Nosler will carry more energy and fly flatter, it will also recoil significantly more, and barrell life will likely be in the hundreds of rounds.

I do have a 6.5 creed, I like the mild recoil (which is very comparable to the .243) and short action, and the reasonably flat trajectory. Why is it hard to understand the practical, user friendly nature of the creed without comparing apples to oranges and bringing all kinds of magnums into the picture?
If you want to shoot a magnum, more power to you, who is criticising your .26 Nosler? What does that have to do with the category of cartridges that include the 6.5 creed, 260 remington, 7mm-08, .243 etc?

OBVIOUSLY the creed isn't significantly better, or even significantly *different* than the .260 rem....but it's far FAR more popular, and that has it's advantages. Resale, factory ammo choices, factory chambered rifle choices all spring to mind.

Imagine if the OP had asked "what rifle in 6.5×47"? the thread would be about what action and barrel to build a custom around, because there's a dearth of factory options....not much different for a .26 Nosler either afaik.

Lord, some of you are dense.
Sooo what’s wrong with giving first hand knowledge of seeing issues with this cartridge? I think your missing the point?
Everyone’s free to make their own decisions. Everything has its pros and cons
I love the 6.5’s but I’ve seen this cartridges have some real life, real world on game performance issues.
Take it or leave it
That’s your call