View Single Post
Old 05-10-2018, 08:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Groundhogger View Post
Hey 6.5~I did buy one of those from James Calhoon, at someone's suggestion here. Beautiful pc. for sure. I only tried it a few times, but didn't find the rounds fed smoothly from it. The bolt would begin to push the round forward but then it seems like the angle is too severe...and the tip of the bullet partially jams before it enters the chamber. Tried a slower bolt travel, a faster one, various "start" points on the adapter itself (fore/aft)..doesn't seem to make a difference.

As for the loads~I worked-up some 25gr. loads, a pretty wide selection actually. (data is at home, I'm not) Barely held 1" @ 100 yards. 20gr shot best from my factory ammo too, so I focussed on that for the hand loads. No disappointment so far, but I also don't have coyote plans for this rifle.
The issue with the single shot feed is most likely a real easy fix. If you lived nearby I would get you to bring it over to be adjusted. I use them in 22 Hornet, 17 FB, 204 and 223 and all feed perfect after a little minor fitting.