View Single Post
Old 04-29-2018, 11:42 AM

Default Wood fired hot tub

Looking at either building or buying a wood fired hot tub. Cost between doing one vs the other comes out to being the difference between time vs money obviously. As for the building part I've got a quote on the cost of the hardware and have a decent idea of the wood requirements. Whether I have the time and patience to build one is a different matter.

Based on some number crunching, I'm not seeing a huge price difference between buying and building my own. Sure, I'd have the satisfaction of having built it, but I don't really have the time to do so right now.

What I'm looking for is any info or advice regarding buying a wood fired hot tub. Right now I'm mainly looking at FireWater Hot Tubs out in Saskatchewan. Anyone have any experience with this company and their product? The website and Facebook page hasn't been updated in a while but I keep seeing Kijiji ads suggesting they are still in business. Near as I can figure, they are close enough I could possibly drive out and pick it up vs having it shipped, depending on the difference in taxes, gas pricing at the time, and the shipping costs.

Thanks in advance. Hopefully someone out there has dealt with them or knows someone who has.

Sent from my LG-H812 using Tapatalk