View Single Post
Old 04-15-2018, 12:37 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deo101 View Post
How many recalls on safeties over the years? It's not only about not trusting yourself, it's the equipment also. To each their own but you're entering a numbers game when walkings around with one in the pipe imo.

There is scenerios where I"ll chamber one, coming over a hill, around a corner, tight bush etc. At that point I'm in front and as mentioned over and over muzzle control.
Yeah OK, are you telling me that you are continually cycling your action repeatedly throughout your hunting day? I take it you eat tag soup every year. Not only do I always have a round in the chamber while hunting, I've spent quite literally thousands of hours over the course of my career carrying a readied weapon over all types of terrain, in all seasons, all types of weather by both day and night and I have never had a negligent discharge. On the contrary, the overwhelming majority of ND's occur when the user standing still, is cycling the action, loading or unloading due to poor trigger discipline and bad drills. To be honest the only ND's I have seen professionally over the last two decades were either inexperienced personnel clearing weapons at unloading bays. ND's happen due to bad drills, end of story.