View Single Post
Old 03-27-2018, 01:27 PM

Don't let them bait you in Kris, most that disagree are not going to change their mind, continue doing a great job with ABA!

I am also an ABA member as I am an avid hunter and enjoy hunting with my bow. For me, I enjoy putting my hard earned money into a lot of clubs that support hunting in Alberta. Do I agree with absolutely everything? No, but that is far far better time and money spent than complaining on the AO forum and expecting things to change for the better. Pay up, get involved and make your voice heard if you are so concerned about the state of hunting in Alberta.

One interesting aspect of the crossbow. Our local Fish and Game club had the area biologist join us one night. He was talking about the Calgary bowzone and due to difficulty getting access, were having trouble getting sufficient harvest to meet their goals.
I asked him about using a crossbow in the bowzone only, to increase harvest to meet their harvest goals. He responded saying that in their experience, crossbows will not increase harvest...
I certainly don't agree with him and not sure where his data came from. And by the way, even though I am an ABA member, I would love to see a crossbow option in the bowzone to meet harvest goals