View Single Post
Old 03-27-2018, 09:41 AM

The whole cross bow in bow season arguments are so tired.
The disabled and elderly should get their chance with them in bow season. That's common sense.
I rifle hunt and bow hunt. There's absolutely no way I would want to see xbows in bow season. Last year I had 2 bucks bust me on the draw. My own dumb fault yes. However with a crossbow I would have easily filled my Strathcona tags beyond the shadow of a doubt. Eliminating the noise and motion of the draw and holding (yes with substantial let off) the drawn bow for an extended period is a hefty challenge. The vertical component of a compound bow is an asset. However, a pre-loaded crossbow laying on the hay bale I was behind with perfect rest would have been optimum.
Another aspect is increased harvest in bow season. Now we go to draws for a lot of zones due to higher harvest rates. Pretty simple math. I don't believe thats elitist or entitlement at all. The bow season is magical. Let the folks who physically cannot draw a compound participate with a crossbow and you have perfect balance. For the rifle only guys you can do what I and thousands like me have done- take advantage of an amazing time of year and buy a compound bow. Equal opportunity- everyone wins.