View Single Post
Old 02-26-2018, 08:40 AM

A guy is at the zoo one day watching elephants and another guy comes by and starts a conversation.
The first guy says, "I've just come from Africa, where I've been studying elephants and I've learned nearly everything about them. For instance, did you know that elephants can't jump straight up in the air?"
"Baloney" says the second guy. "I'll bet you $5,000 I can make that elephant over there jump straight up."
"Well," says the elephant expert, "you're on."
So the second guy goes over behind the elephant, grabs two big bricks, claps the elephant on the balls, and it shoots 10 feet straight up into the air.
The first guy can't believe it. "I'm going to have to go back to Africa and study some more," he says.
He writes the other fellow a check and they go their separate ways.
A few years later the expert is back at the zoo, when the same stranger happens by
."Say, I remember you" the expert says. "You know, I've been back to Africa for 10 years studying elephants, and now there is nothing I don't know about them.
"Is that a fact?" says the second guy.
"Yes, and you know, I've learned that one thing an elephant can't do, is nod its head sideways. They can nod them up and down, like they're saying yes, but not side to side, like
they're saying no."
"Ha!" says the stranger. "I'll bet you $10,000 I can get an elephant to nod its head side to side."
"Well this time you're going to lose" said the first guy, so they shook hands and the stranger went over to the same elephant, grabbed two bricks, but this time stood right in front of the elephant.
He whispered in its ear, and the elephant nodded its head yes.
He whispered again and the elephant shook its head vigorously from side to side.
The expert was dismayed; "What did you say to it? I can't believe it!"
The stranger said, "I asked him if he remembered me, and he said yes. Then I asked him if he wanted me to do it again."