View Single Post
Old 02-10-2018, 03:40 PM
Banned

Retiring takes a period to transition, that happens to everyone that I have known. I retired after 27 years in the Military and it took me about two years to adjust. The first year i’d Plan the next day by the hour......

7am - 8 am.....Breakfast/read paper
8am - 12 am....Repair fence
12am - 1 pm....Lunch
1pm - 4 pm......wash/vacuum truck

My whole day/evening was scheduled like that and I stuck to the timings or it bothered me. Someone would drop by to chat and i’d Cut it short because I had to get what I was doing done by a certain time.

Eventually, I took off my watch and stopped planning the next day, other than casually thinking about things that needed to be done. Unless it was something urgent, if I got sidetracked and did something different I didn’t panic, i’d Do it the next day or the one after that. Retirement was so much nicer.

It takes time to adjust after decades of having a busy schedule. As long as you have something to keep you as busy as you want to be, and have a reason to get out of bed in the morning, you’ll unwind and adjust in time. That’s when life gets a lot more relaxed and fun. I’ve never had the problem of being bored and i’m The best boss that I’ve ever had.