View Single Post
Old 01-26-2018, 09:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wes_G View Post

Personally when someone is tailgating me, even when going over the speed limit, I drive slower on purpose just to **** them off.
Why?
Your part of the problem, not some warped part of your own solution.
Why not let them pass?
Then, theyre either safely out of your space, or, you can triumphantly give them the finger as you pass their wreck up on the next curve...if that makes your day.
Either way, you're not willfully attempting to incite road rage, as you've admitted here.

I understand frustration of following behind a driver or vehicle that isn't comfortable or cant handle the road conditions, especially when I've spent the money on tires and a rig built just for the type of driving that I know we will inevitably face in our winter driving season.

What I don't understand, is a driver WILLFULLY making the roads truly unsafe by having some kind of "God of the road" complex.
I bet it feels great to get home and tell the wife how you "really P%%%ed some guy off on the highway today!!"

If you can safely slow down, give someone else room to pass, and let everyone get on with the drive...why not?

Just because you might not have decent tires, or are perhaps a nervous, easily agitated driver, doesn't give you license to police traffic flow.

Reserve that for drivers who have the letters RCMP, or SHERIFF on the side of their car.

Purposefully and willfully trying to incite road rage, man, your part of the problem, and potentially a very dangerous one.

That having been said...I'll be out on the highway this morning, probably driving a bit under the speed limit, we'll see.
What I WON'T be doing, is slowing down on purpose, impeding the guy behind me just to I can play some kind of sick mind games with other drivers on the road.

Sorry if I'm over reacting, but I can't believe someone would think this is a proper way to conduct themselves while driving.
I hope anyone who actually does this on the road, really considers the potential consequences of their actions.