View Single Post
Old 01-26-2018, 07:44 AM

:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dick284 View Post
Holy crap!
I just made her to DV from Lake Abraham in a bit over 3 Hours.(usually takes 2.25hrs)

First it was following Miss Mamby Pamby, who was so knicker knotted she would wind it up to 80K, then slow down to 50K. It’s not like anybody was in front of her, or that the 1/2” of powder was any more dangerous than my running up her 6, multiple times, I finally got a spot to pass her at a whopping 70K, and sailed through to The Sunchild Rd averaging around 80-85K. The Sunchild was very good till I made the Brazeau County line. It doesn’t look like the County has any plough trucks running, as there’s 6-8” of un touched powder on the County roads all the way through to DV.(I stayed off 620 as soon as I could get off it)

A couple things. Stay home if you don’t have to go out, let the guys who must drive for work have an easier time, especially if you haven’t got clue one about winter driving!

And secondly take her easy out there folks, there isn’t a pile of resources being thrown at this storm event. The roads can and do suck in some spots.
LOL, how much time did you save doing 85km/h? and then lastly saying to take it easy folks?? As bad as the roads are, the last thing I would do is pass someone in these conditions