View Single Post
Old 01-21-2018, 08:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newview01 View Post
20 rounds is a standard capacity magazine. That is what they were first designed to contain.

What does magazine capacity have to do with safety?

You can already legally have 10 round mags in Canada. I haven't heard of these causing problems. Why would you recommend we decrease that to 5? Do you own an AR-15?

How they were designed by the manufacturer is irrelevant. If they were designed to operate with a 200 rnd belt, I'm sure there would still be those that think they really need one. That alone would not make them unsafe, but ...

.. restrictions are in place for good reason. For eg, you can buy any vehicle you want, at any time and there are many vehicles available that are designed to operate to 200 + mph. However, there are restrictions in place that govern how fast they can be driven it and even which side of the road they can be driven on. Get rid of those restrictions and enjoy your daily drive. Be sure, there are those out there who would make it rather uncomfortable for the majority who share that same public road space.
That said, no, I don't own one, but I have shot them and found them to be a lot of fun. .. and I didn't have an issue re-loading a ten round magazine either. That said, for me, I'll go with the 10 rnd capacity only because it's within my comfort zone, barely.