Thread: Thieves
View Single Post
Old 01-13-2018, 08:02 AM

Get a dog or two.

If it's 2008 and newer it should have PATS system. Not as easy to steal, older than that install a kill switch.

These thieves are very determined bunch, if they really want it they will get it.

I work at a dealer , we have so much BS stuff happening on lot. Not too long ago they broke into building with a security system and cameras everywhere and stole a brand new F350 from the shop. They knew exactly what to do, keys in truck. Pryed open side door opened bay door and drove it away. Drove it to another dealership a couple hours away left it there and did the same thing to them. Stealing to steal, like it was a game.

Before they upgraded security system thieves cut cables to cameras, broke in, found keys in sales desk and stole vehicles off lot. Joyride and left them at other business in town. They climbed up a a metal water drain for roof to cut the camera.

I live on small acearage, just got a second dog. 3 year old German Shepard. We have attached garage with a fenced off kennel area. Dog doors from garage to house to kennel. They both bark at strangers, they Shepard is big and can look through the 5 feet high glass panels on main door in garage when he goes up. I have monitored security system as well. I think my dogs will do more than the security system ever will to stop thieves.