View Single Post
Old 01-04-2018, 08:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bub View Post
Why would one chase the deer in the off season? It's not like you have to chase one and grab him by the antlers in order to get them off. Just go a for a walk, enjoy the day, give space to wildlife if encountered and see what is going for yourself.

On the other note, I saw at a great distance today what appeared to be a giant moose lying dead by the railroad. Pretty unfortunate if that's the case. Way too far to say for sure though even with a x10 binoculars. There is no way to get any closer to take a better look as that is the only place the spot is visible from. So I might walk the bush to get to that spot to check things out instead. Unless they actually clean them off somehow and it will be gone by the weekend. Does anyone know if they actually remove the dead wildlife that is lying off the rails? It's pretty far from any dwellings with tracks and bush being the only access.

by walking into the trees in the winter you are chasing them, many herds are stressed hard in winter feeding areas and pushing them out of bedding areas puts unneeded stress. Wait until all the antlers are dropped and walks will be more rewarded . my 2 cents anyways.