View Single Post
Old 01-01-2018, 02:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skoaltender View Post
I’ve never seen a NHL who struggle this bad to breakout of their own zone. Instead of making the tape to tape pass they rim it around the wall into he wingers feet causing a turnover majority of the time.

Benning had 4 major giveaways in his first 3 shifts, one ended up in the back of the net. And how do they answer back after that goal?! By putting his butt back out there to do it again..

Powerplay?! That’s an embarrassment too. You have all this “talent” and all they do is cycle it on mcdavids wall down low to drai for the cross crease pass. Everyone knows it and every team defends it with ease. They have no shot threat anywhere on the PP.

Not one individual is to blame, nearly everyone including the coaching staff are struggling and it’s only going to get worse as the schedule gets tougher.
I agree with everything you say except that no one is to blame.

Taylor Hall and Jordan Eberle have better numbers than everyone on the Oilers that isn't named McDavid. These are close to a point a game players that actually wanted to play here.

Anyone that would consider Lucic, Maroon or Strome a better addition to your hockey club should not be allowed to watch a game let alone manage a team.

A couple of years back the Oilers had a dreadful team but were still able to put one of the best scoring lines in hockey together Hall, Eberle and Nugent-Hopkins. Obviously this was a one line wonder that consisted of the majority of the team's talent but they still won some games. The power play was at times unstoppable.

Imagine having McDavid, Puljujarvi and anyone that isn't named Lucic (preferably with some skating ability and does not choke on the puck every time he is set up alone in front) on line one.

The above mentioned Hall, Eberle and Nugent-Hopkins on line two.

Leon Draisaitl, Pitlick, Khaira or Caggiula on the third line.

Lucic, Maroon, Kassian, Letestu or anybody else that is willing to show some effort on line four where they belong or trade the lot for a good 4th line with some grit.

You obviously wouldn't have Larson but the rest of the team would be there.

In a year or two as the defense matured + or - a new D guy and you have a contender.

I have been an Oilers fan for a long time and this is the worst I have seen. I would rather watch a poor team loose with effort than this bunch win.

I watch a lot of hockey and high lights. The Flames, Jets, Leafs and even the Canucks play with more heart and are better entertainment to watch.

If you haven't guessed yet, I blame Peter Chiarelli.