View Single Post
Old 12-30-2017, 11:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elkhunter11 View Post
By the same token, by the time a murderer is punished, the damage is done. The same applies to many other crimes, but I am not willing to give up all of my rights in order to try and save one life. The anti gun people use the same argument to try and ban all private ownership of firearms. It doesn't matter what offense we are charged with, we should be entitled to our day in court. And if the law specifies that .05 should result in a license being suspended, and vehicles be towed and impounded for a specified time, then it should be up to the authorities to provide an accurate test that proves that the driver was .05 or greater in a court of law. If they are going to tow and impound a vehicle before a trial, then reimburse the person for all related expenses if he is found not guilty. It's not like most people would spend the time going to court over the towing and impound fees, but a person should have that option.
I am sure that if you had a test done to prove that you had no alcohol or insignificant alcohol in your system, your vehicle would be returned without impound fees being required. It happens, but not that often.