View Single Post
Old 12-15-2017, 01:22 PM

For those of us true-believers on the long-hold, there may never be a time to withdraw to fiat. I accept everything I put into crypto may be lost to oblivion, but I see and understand it's potential to change the world of banking and commerce and I invest in that potential.

I think money is best described as a language that allows our civilization to overcome the limitations of trust in commerce. To be clear that's not my observation, just something I heard that I'm parroting because it resonated with me when I was trying to make sense of crypto. Just as the internet was an unstoppable and disruptive juggernaut of change for communication and information distribution I think we'll see a similar phenomena play out on this new type of financial network. Or maybe not and I've drank too much Kool-Aid haha.

With regard to Bitcoin specifically; I would never suggest that the price won't crash, in fact a think a serious pull back will occur in the near term because there are still enough whale holders that can short the futures and force the market south while selling their early-adopted XBT and then reaping a further profit on the short.

If I was a whale I would be doing this. I'm confident it will happen, I just don't know how low that elevator goes. I'll consider it a buying opportunity. More over this process will contribute to the security of the pricing by creating further fractions of each XBT, recovery and then acceleration of the unit price.

For those claiming it's like Bre-X or gold or the .Com bubble; I think you're off the mark. I think this is something very different and we don't yet have the right lens to glass and truly understand where this thing is going.

Last edited by ehrgeiz; 12-15-2017 at 01:42 PM.