View Single Post
Old 12-06-2017, 05:48 PM

Gitrdun, follow your heart! I'm sure we've all been there and we have all had to make our own choices. I know for myself I have trouble with "trophy" hunting? And don't get me wrong I used to set my sights on a particular animal and trade wits with him. Sometimes I won but mostly they won! However, now with the onset of these T.V. shows I find myself disgusted with trophy hunting. It's seems to have gone from man vs. nature to bragging rights. I've witnessed the same as you and seen hunters do things that push the boundary of legal and ethical too many times! For that very reason I would never have an animal scored and entered into any record book.
It is also my opinion that the new rage of long range shooting is about as unethical as hunting comes. How skillful does one have to be to "sneak" within 500 yds and shoot an animal! Sure you're a good shot but good hunter??
I love to hunt elk and nothing is more exciting & rewarding as calling in a big bull, but now I find myself just as content with hunting cow elk - better eating anyway.
I know my comments are painting with a very broad brush and there are lots that don't practice the methods I mention. To them I say " Hats off & good hunting"