Thread: By-election
View Single Post
Old 11-22-2017, 06:13 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverdoctor View Post
Yep, I'm sure about it.

Scheer voted with his conscience in the past - using his religious morals. Are we going to see it again if he ends up being prime minister? I can't see how we won't.

He voted against abortion. I'm not for abortion, but I do support a persons right to choose. Planned parenthood performs some 300,000+ abortions per year in the USA, and I find that disturbing but my morals and ideals shouldn't come into play. Neither should any politicians.

He voted against same sex marriage. I couldn't care less if people are gay or lesbian, if they want to adopt and get married. It makes no difference in my life, no impact at all. I see no reason why 2 people can't enjoy the benefits of marriage.

He voted against bill c-14 - the medical assistance of ending your own life - freedom of choice to go out the way you want - to end misery. If and when I get to the point where sickness makes my life unbearable, I want choices. Scheer doesn't want that - because suicide is a sin.

Do we really need religious morals in politics? But people want to talk loss of rights?
There are overwhelming, secular arguments against all of the the points you have made.

All you need to do is have respect for life and the nuclear family, and you would not be pro-abortion, pro-same sex marriage, and pro-suicide.