Thread: 30 cal???
View Single Post
Old 08-23-2017, 09:48 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don_Parsons View Post
No spin my friend, just following what the stats say.

Don
You might be following your charts, but you're not following the thread or you would have known my 13yr old son can easily handle recoil of the 280ai in the same platform I ordered the 6.5 Creedmoor in. Also, your calculator does not use stock design as part of its felt recoil.

Part of the magic in felt recoil, or the lack there of, is effected by the weight of the stock. It's a hard concept for some to understand, but would you rather get hit with a solid core hickory baseball bat or a hollow plastic baseball bat at twice the speed? Once you understand this concept you can begin to understand the science behind the recoil manageability of Melvins stock design.

Recoil aside, the 6.5 caliber bullets are a way better bang for your buck compared to the 30cal, hands down. Every hunter would benefit from less recoil, whether they would like to admit it or not. Every reloader would benefit from spending less $$ on lead and powder. Every hunter would benefit by being less fatigued from packing around a heavy rifle.

If you use the hood of the truck as a gun rest I can see none of this mattering, and can see the value of a 12lb hunting rifle in a 300 ultra mag to reach out and get those critters 800yds off the road.

Last edited by Kurt505; 08-23-2017 at 10:00 AM.