Thread: 30 cal???
View Single Post
Old 08-23-2017, 05:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurt505 View Post
It's nothing for recoil, like seriously it's so little recoil that my 13yr old can shoot my 5lb 280ai in the same platform. Some rifle stocks are designed wallop you, some are designed to absorb recoil. I don't think your calculator can incorporate that into its equation.

That's a heavy rifle! 12lbs!!! I'd hate to have to hunt with one of those. I had a couple Weatherby Accumarks, great shooters but they sucked to pack around all day.
Sorry Kurt, its not my calculateor, its not my take on the recoil thing since you brought it up in the above posts

No one on the forum is forcing you too believe anything, but the 2 links above are ways too access info that folks can use in finding what at least comes close too what they are searching for.

Funny how your talking about a 5 pound rifle even though you posted the rifle your picking up "will" be 4 1/2 lbs, then when you have the link it seems that a spin in direction pops up.

Yes, a 12 lb rifle is heavy for people who are not strong enough to pack something like that, no big deal since its not my old sheep rifle.

Each person picks what works since you prefer 4 and 1/2 lb rifles that support over 24 lbs recoil.

You'd mentioned on earlier posts above that recoil is a cause of Hunters missing game and vital shots, now your suggesting that this recoil is nothing.

I'm guessing it is everyone reading this thread that are confused my friend.

None of us are blind since the links are closer too reality than just words,,, purhaps it's your turn too bring links an proof that a 4 1/2 lb rifle does not have as much recoil as some Magnums then.

My 308 shooting 178gr bullets is very comparable to a 243 win yet it is a small fraction greater than that.

Show all of us what a 4 1/2 lb 6.5 Creedmoor is now that you have access to the links, that way we can see how your coming up with the recoil ideas that you brought up.

Don