View Single Post
Old 08-13-2017, 06:26 PM

Yes, my plan was to own one 30/06 and leave it at that, but the 308 was too good too pass up on. I call it a "short case 30/06.

It's first shooting proved to me that 178gr ELD-X bullets with 44gr of Varget makes it a contender to my 30/06.

Even though the Remmy SPS 308 is a fraction lighter than my Remmy LR Odd-6, it is one accurate rifle.
It out scored metal gong hits at 600 meters.

Both rifles are launching these bullets at 2550 ft-per second, recoil is pretty much the same. Both these rifles will allow me to take on 2 categories of F Class shooting.

FTR category that is 223 & 308 only, and F-Open that is all other rifle calibers. I was hoping too shoot factory, but there are not that many folks in that class.

I just returned from the Mountains of thick smoke as I finished ranging my 30/06 from 700 too 1000 meters,,, I was going to continue adding distance out too the mile but it was pretty hard seeing the target due to the smoke.

The light trigger is working for me, it took some getting used to.
The Short Case Odd-6 is heading in for a few upgrades.
I'll do a different scope on it.

Some folks going into match have 2 rifles incase 1 goes down. It doesn't normally happen, but why take the chances.
I'd hate too miss a weekend down there as the shooters are top notch and fun too be around.

Can't wait too battle the winds and hopefully some rains as these competitions put us in our place.

Don