View Single Post
Old 07-20-2017, 01:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurt505 View Post
What does it confirm?

Can you tell me how many licences were issued in Alberta during the 70's and 80's as compared to 2016? Also can you tell me what the catch limits were back then?

Show me a case study where they used catch limits using a limit of 1 fish per person and using a slot size.

Pigeon, lac ste anne, lac la none, wabamun, lake isle, island lake, amisk lake, beaver lake, Pinehurst, spencer, gull, sylvan, isogun, buck, Baptist, slave, calling, orloff, rock island, moose, cold, margrite, lac la biche, wolf, these are just a few lakes in central Alberta that hold walleye. A one fish limit for all lakes across Alberta would take the pressure off the lakes that currently have a general retention limit (no tag required) while promoting healthy fish populations.

If a lake starts to become over fished, and populations decline, fishermen will naturally move on to more productive waters. Why would someone fish where there are no fish? Sure you can go to Pigeon, Sylvan, Wabamun, Lac Ste Anne, and a number of lakes across Alberta and catch 100's of walleye (that you can't keep), but how is the pike fishing? Alberta's conservation efforts are not working, even with such limited retention opportunity, the health of a balanced fishery is declining. I think its a case of too many lab coats with not enough common sense resting on top.

The way to deal with nature is naturally...
Did you not read it?

Some get it and some dont.

Anyway I posted this a while ago, same thing but included some will still not agree.
http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/showthread.php?t=325450

Same thing. Not going to get into with you again. There are lots of threads on this subject. Look em up.

Also glad you do not run fisheries in AB.

made in Alberta__ born n raised.

FS-Tinfool hats by the roll.