View Single Post
Old 06-16-2017, 09:28 PM

I have too agree with my new friend Robert, once a person gets a chance too borrow a FTR Class rifle, your hooked.

I can see why "most" folks end up in this category because it forces you too shot well, and its not a over night thing to get there either.

The Stock F Class is for the average / die-hard extrem person,,, and even this category means one better get wize fast.
Not a lot of folks in the stock class because some folks show up with a unit that is not F-Class built for consistency over the long hual.

I have read many articles over the last 2 weeks and it has confirmed that my rifle build idea is on the right path.
A stock rifle has too perform too its max 100% all day, week, month, and season long...

Ammo loading with test development is all so important,,, bringing a 30/06 into this is pretty rare, and attacking it with a Factory Remington LR is way left field... But I'm game too take a run at this next season as I get this package sorted.

The next chunk of this is optics and mounts.
Proven stuff in this field is a good idea. It has to happen if one wants to hit that target,,, and hopefully it works.

I will try the BR bypods and rabbit-ear back sand bag, but I see a Sinclair target match pod on shoots after this.
Hunting bypods are nice as I've used them for years,,, but the Sinclair system is "out-standing as it allows for fast right too left adjustments for bubble balance so the rifle and scope are truly lined up.

Then the fast track dial up too down with lock feature is golden. These target match rests guarantee 100% hold on alignment like nothing else out there.

I can see why the top pro national shooters use them.
Keeping the cross hairs on the V ring on every shot is a must,,, a level rifle with optics adds to consistency.

If we see the bubble is level shot after shot,,, then half the battle is taken care of...

Robert shared some ideas on setting up too shot, and this is why I'm going to towmorows shot as a spectator... It's too gather more info on how others set up,,, this is another half battle thing too.

I haven't broke things into categories yet, but it will happen as each peace of the pie makes for a complete circle,,, add some books are soon too be on my door step.

Read and take notes as I learn about areas that I need to address for my self, reloading ammo skills, mental mind set, practic practic practic and get things down too a rhythm.

Like my friend said,,, my level of OCD will decide on how far I can push the limits.

Today I realize that many many things need attention, how I get there is a whole nother ball game.

At times I think its Odd 6, or Odd Don. LOL.