View Single Post
Old 06-13-2017, 10:32 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bushrat View Post
I know its not about the warm fuzzies, but after being indoctrinated, studying and attending thousands of church services and functions one would think I should at least have gotten a feeling that God and Christ exist. At an early age I sensed something was off with the whole religion thing. The more I learned the more I became convinced that if there were a creator, that creator had little to do with the bible we know today.

My opinion is the bible has evolved into a bastardized chronicle of anecdotal stories tailored to suit the need of various powers that be at the time, edited and evolving over time to address social change subject to the church or religious organizations current agendas over various epochs and eras. Various religions and gov'ts have used bibles and religion as constitutional aid and code of laws ever since the idea of religion was first conceived. Not saying we didn't have a creator, I just don't think the Bible is a credible account of creation if in fact we were created.
see you at the evergreen temple?