View Single Post
Old 06-12-2017, 10:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragless View Post
I wish i had a trout pond in my back yard! I just thoight id should let you know brandon your powerbait video helped me catch my first trout when i first came to alberta .... ive come a long ways since then and i would never use power bait again lol the flyrod is my only rod now looks like you have progressed similarly. I think every true angler eventually starts fly fishing because it takes a true fisherman at heart to understand the art of fishing is a neverending journey and fly fishing is stepping stone on that journey. Thx for the vids i watch em all ! Ps. You need to colab with uncut angling that would be sweet!
Thanks, I'm glad it helped you catch your first trout. I try to gear the videos to all sorts of levels. I'm not really a purist of any kind. I'm flexible and listen to the fish as much as I can to hopefully catch some. I enjoy using the fly rod, but I still really enjoy using lures like micro jigs and small spoons for trout as well when they're ignoring the flies.

I don't use powerbait very often, but still have a stash in case the fishing is dead and the kids need to catch a fish.

Powerbait and bait fishing is more for catch and keep fishing though in my opinion.

It would be nice to do a colab with Aaron from Uncut Angling, but he's got 104,000 Subs and I've got 9000... soooo I don't think I'm on his Radar. But maybe I could get the Fishing Geeks to bug him for me, haha. We'll see. I'll keep plugging along. I think the next 39 hours should have a Team Alberta!

The Fishing Doctors Adventures - You May Watch More Than You Bargained For, haha!
https://www.youtube.com/TheFishingDoctorsAdventures