View Single Post
Old 06-11-2017, 01:02 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by CNP View Post
You don't find it interesting at all do you (rhetorical)? Your use of the word "interesting" is your attempt to marginalize my belief/faith and at the same time leave the question/challenge I asked of you, unanswered. Why not engage us and explain your position sans the innuendo that appears to dominate all of your posts. Do you expect to change a persons belief system based on your assertions in this thread? You believe you can do this? Really? Or is it your mission to marginalize those who dare to believe that God is with us?
I use interesting because it is - and it's not trying to marginalize. I was raised catholic - there was a time I believed what you do, I simply don't anymore. i'm not trying to change your belief or faith, just trying to understand why at some point I believed. What made me change to be an athiest - and what keeps people believing. \

I am atheist, I don't hide that fact. I'm done with political correctness - and you have a hard time understanding that. What atheism simply means is that I believe in one less god than you do. If I don't believe in a god, I simply can't believe in the rest of what comes with it.

The bible is full of incest. Was that God's will? It's not allowed today - thankfully. We know now that you cannot create a branch of normal human beings from the genes of brother and sister, or mother and son, or father and daughter.

It's thinking for myself, actually doing some real exploration of science and all the discoveries - and coming to my own conclusions - not someone elses. I got tired of having a priest telling me "don't look over there" and "just have faith". It's the priests, the congregation, the religion that drove me away cause they couldn't answer questions.

i don't listen to the likes of Hitchens or Dawkins, couldn't care less about what they have to say. Anyone that tries to make a living off ridiculing others for any reason isn't my cup of tea.

I have a mind of my own, I like to explore, I like to learn and I like to understand. That unfortunately conflicts with the catholic church - but you may not believe that. I would be declared a heretic and excommunicated for my knowledge and beliefs if I were to try to talk to a priest today.