View Single Post
Old 05-18-2017, 01:08 AM

Hey All,
Was talking with Paul today, who flew over the lake today in a helicopter. I asked him about the ice conditions on the lake, and he said that the north east half of the lake was thawed and open. The south side is covered with rotten ice, and will need a good wind to blow the ice away, along with a few more hot days!

I also wanted to mention that Paul has been on Winefred lake for more than 30 years. Before paul developed his outfitting camp, it was little more than just a plain old little trappers cabin with a quad trail in. A far cry from what it is today!
Paul has solely built and maintained the l.o.c. ( licence of occupation ) road into his camp, and continues to do so at his own considerable expense. He also maintains the road out of his camp, for most of the sterner road length, also on his on dime, and time. If it was not for Paul being there all that time for over 30 years developing his business, nobody would be going to Winefred Lake outfitters to enjoy to what it has become today, as it certainly would not have been built.

I for one, don't mind paying his reasonable and affordable prices. Paul through his much sweat, blood, and mud has already, and continues to do all of the hard work. All one has to do is arrive, go fishing and enjoy the fruits of Paul's labor.

Paul charges $80.00 per night, per person and includes bed sheets, pillows (bring your own sleeping bags), dishes, bbq and propane, cooking utensils, free showers ( with running hot potable water, in shower house), out house, free firewood, use of the fire-pit.

$ 40.00 boat launch fee (if bringing own boat), one time fee, even of staying for more than one day.

$ 25.00 per day parking (if bringing own boat) If staying more than one day.
this is for truck and boat trailer.

Boat rentals, 16' lund, new 20 hp 4 stroke Honda $60.00 / HR / $385.00 day
includes all fuel, life jackets, paddles, fish net, etc. max 3 people per boat.

Boat rentals, 18' lund, 50 hp 4 stroke Honda $85.00 / HR / $450.00 day
includes all fuel, life jackets, paddles, fish net, etc. max 4 people per boat.

Must have a valid pleasure pleasure craft operators card, no alcohol or drugs while renting Paul's boats, and must sign a waiver before being allowed to rent, responsible for own actions.

Also worth mentioning, no prop maintenance fee of 15.00 day, unlike Winefred lake Lodge. Also no extra charge for fuel if more than 1 tank is used for daily rate, unlike Winefred Lake Lodge that charges boat gas on top of the rental!

I have brought my own boat before to Winefred Lake Lodge and stayed in the cabins, and been charged a daily boat rental, and launch fee!
Paul will not charge you a boat rental if you bring your own and rent the cabins, unlike the other place!

Paul also does charge you for pressure washing your boat prior to launching to help stop the invasive spread of aquatic disease into the lake, he cares that much about the lake!

Paul's is also 70 kilometers shorter round trip than the other place, and as others have mentioned, and I can attest, a much better, smoother road! If it rains, and you have a boat in tow on the road to Winefred lake lodge, it can be treacherous! Your truck and boat will thank you for taking Pauls road!

I encourage all outdoorsman to go to Paul and Sheri's, and enjoy the fishing and friendly hospitality, they have a top notch place there, and we look forward to going there every year! If you value your hard earned money as much as I do, I think if you compare what the other place offers, and prices, I think you will see that you are getting good value for your dollar at paul's. I hope this helps to answer some questions and, dispel some of the rumors and negativity, Paul and Sheri are good people !

Will update on the fishing, going there for june 1st! Only 2 more weeks!

Last edited by KUDUHNTR; 05-18-2017 at 01:16 AM.