View Single Post
Old 05-15-2017, 06:53 AM

Location: At the end of the Thirsty Beaver Trail, Pinsky lake, Alberta.

So some say he rips you off and some say it's all good...those who were charged too much other than the launch use what are the prices involved?
From the pics the place looks nice though.
Guest Comments
"We had a great weekend at Winefred Lodge....the fish were biting, the weather was perfect. My daughter and I caught some nice Pike, Walleye and Whitefish over the 3 days. Carol and the staff were awesome giving us amateur fishers great tips. Thanks to all the staff .... we highly recommend this spot and will be back again.
(Bill & Melanie Dearden (May 26, 2014)

"Great trophy fishing, excellent accommodations, delicious cuisine and a staff that makes you feel like part of the family. What more could you want?"
(Patrick Walsh, Editor-in-Chief and Brand Manager with Outdoor Canada Magazine)

"What a place to spend time with family and friends, where the food is great and the fish aplenty!"
(Stefanie Fenson, Edmonton, Alberta)

"Winefred Lake is Alberta’s best kept secret with some of the best walleye and pike fishing I’ve encountered."
(Brad Fenson; Freelance Writer/Photographer, Edmonton, Alberta)

''Alberta's best fishing experience, especially for kids''!
(Graham Hicks; The Edmonton Sun)

"Outstanding food and Awesome Hospitality as always! Oh, ... Great Fishing too!"
(Roxie Malone; 630 CHED Radio)

"To a Great group of people, we think you're Great! Fabulous fishing and hospitality!"
(Jim Hoey; "The Dimestore Fisherman'')

"This is the most wonderful place on earth! The people here help make it so!"
(Barry & Elaine Christensen; Shelly, Idaho)

"Amazing hospitality, food, fishing ..."
(Marli & Rick Davis; Kalispell, Montana)

"Amazing staff and GREAT fishing!"
(Shawn & Kim Peloquin; Calgary, Alberta)

"Super staff, Wonderful Hospitality and GREAT fishing!"
(Don Wilson; Travel Alberta)

''Great Lodge, Great People, Great Fishing Experience!''
(Don Lamont, The Complete Angler Television Series, Winnipeg, Manitoba)

One of the most difficult questions I have to answer is “where would you recommend I go fishing” (Angelo Viola,“Fish’n Canada”). I take it very seriously. Fortunately I’ve been blessed with the opportunity to have made many trips over the past 30 years in pursuit of the ultimate “Fish’n Canada” adventure. ….Over 600!
I’ll be honest though most of them are but a mere blur in my memory bank….in fact there are only a handful that are as clear and crisp as the day I experienced them, one of those is Winefred Lake Lodge, here’s why, I use 5 criteria to grade a lodge;

1: The Fishing experience 2: Accommodations and amenities 3: Quality of Food
4: Atmosphere and hospitality 5: Personality of manager/host.

Winefred Lake Lodge scored ''perfect'' in each category.

Hats off to Carol and the rest of the team at Winefred Lake Lodge for creating a little piece of fishing heaven in Northern Alberta. Thanks guys!
(Angelo Viola,“Fish’n Canada”)

Be careful when you follow the masses, sometimes the "M" is silent...

Last edited by 58thecat; 05-15-2017 at 06:58 AM.