View Single Post
Old 05-14-2017, 09:07 AM

Ha, I hope I'm worn down at the same time.

I'm sure I can buy another rifle when the time comes.

Low charge cartrages extend barrel life a bit, so I'll tap it kool since I'm long past trying to make factory standard cartrages into magnum rifles.
That might of been the reason on how I ended up in the power house category back then.

Us young folk back then wanted power, ft-lbs of energy, and freight trains of lead flying down range too areas we couldn't even see with our naked eyes. LOL

Those good old days.

The wise old timers at our Red Deer and area range thought we were fools as they plugged along with their 308's and like rifles. Here we were burning powder like no towmorow and still trying too push the 300 weatherbys and 338 winchester too their max.

So after melting lots of brass in the Chambers, seeing primers disappear, and using a peace of wood too tap the bolt open. LOL I'm sure most of those rifles had burnt barrel throats and head space too the max after their first year of life.

It didn't matter much too us back then as we'd buy new rifles by the box fulls every week or month depending on work,,, it was all about good times and power. The 375 H&H days were limited as they shook up my human cage with recoil more than I could handle.

Any-who, those days are long past, now the plan too fun is light plinking and relaxing with easy going re-loads.
Plinking is one thing, the fishing rod goes with this package. Ha.

It's really all about the camping and bon-fires of good times no matter where I end up. Today we're making 2 home made campers of 1"x1" iron frame.

All part of the Odd-6 dream.

Don

PS: I'D post pictures, but phone too Photobucket is not working yet. More too come