View Single Post
Old 03-29-2017, 08:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoneFishingEDM View Post
I didn't go to crazy to start out with. I got a Quantum Accurist PT reel with a Quantum Catalyst Rod. I picked up some 1/4oz and 3/8 oz practice weights from the Fishing Hole. I've been practicing pretty regularly in a field. Day 1, I bird nested really bad on about the 4th try. After cutting out about 20 yards LOL. I cranked both my centrafugal break and my magnetic breaks all the way up, then slowly lowered the centrafugal break. I'm down to 2 out of 6 now, then I started lowering the magnetic break. I'm down to 5 our of 10. I haven't bird nested since. and I can outcast my spincaster with barely any effort.

I'll see how this year goes, I might upgrade next year if things go well. But so far I'm very impressed with the accuracy and distance. Practice seems to be the big thing. I recommend if you get one, pick up the practice weights and just cast and re-cast.
That sounds like a pretty decent set-up and experience. Thanks for the tip on the practice weights...Have to see what I can find for good deals. Good luck this summer!