View Single Post
Old 03-28-2017, 11:29 AM

I bought a car from south town hyundai in edmonton and had a great experience. Probably my best experience with any dealership. Dealt directly with Mike Ryan and Colin Baker over the phone.

Some things to remember when making the deal:

1) Dont get emotionally attached to the vehicle. Keep your leverage, theres lots of vehicles out there you dont need one in particular.
2) Look for year old new models that are still on the lots. Youll often get a better deal on these.
3) When dealing with price, deal with the all in price. I dont want any surprises when it comes to signing the documents. Stay away from buying according to your payment. Thats how they take advantage of you.
4) Dont put a deposit down unless youre ordering one in. For a car on a lot I dont put a deposit down. I work out a deal and tell them Ill come pick it up in less then a week. The car most of the time has been sitting there 3-6 months by the time I buy it. If they dont trust me enough to come pick up the car in a few days, then they must not want to sell it very bad.

When it comes to tactics they do a few things.

1) When you show up to sign they make you wait. Its very effective. I tell my dealerships I wont be waiting longer then 10 minutes to sign the documents. So they better be ready when I get there. If theyre not ready I leave. People need to respect your time.
2) They use the guilty sales tactic. Basically tell you that everyone worked so hard on the deal, to try and guilt trip you into signing. Dont let them use it against you. Its their job to do these things.

Good luck with your search and hope these tips help you out.