View Single Post
Old 03-27-2017, 11:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hooter View Post
Are you a PhD on this matter? Or perhaps you're writing your Masters on this topic? My point being, what credentials do you have to make this statement? My personal belief is that marijuana is a stepping stone to the "problem" drugs.
Research shows that for some it is a stepping stone to other drugs. Research also shows you can overdose and increase health care costs can be attributed to the fact pot these days has a far higher THC level than the 60s and 70s pot.

Pot also can have far reaching consequences on the developing brain and prolonged heavy usages over time can permanently alter an adult brain.

Usage can also cause injury when used while operating heavy equipment and motor vehicles.

That being said...people don't seem to fight over comments about their girlfriend or cars while on pot versus alcohol.

Some use alcohol to escape reality and deal with life stress. Some use pot. Likely as a coping method requiring more than what one has in life... pot is the lesser of two evils.

The worst is the stench. Worst smell on earth.

Medicinal pot also has some great benefits. Not just THC but even more so CBD.

Time will tell if legalized pot is a good thing for Canada. I do predict that those not using will find themselves far more employable especially in drug tested positions.
It is not the most intellectual of the species that survives; it is not the strongest that survives; but the species that survives is the one that is able best to adapt and adjust to the changing environment in which it finds itself. Charles Darwin