View Single Post
Old 03-25-2017, 10:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokinyotes View Post
Ok at 1000 yds @3900 25 moa of drop and 17 moa windage. No matter how you do it those light little bullets are going to be significantly affected by wind.

Fair enough. We had about generally calme day this winter and we decided to fire off some rounds at 500yrds , 10" gong. I had a 12x duplex reticle scope, and figured out about a 3' drop at that range. Just by guestimating the hold over we figured out a spot to focus on and hit the gong. After finding the right spot, I had 4/5 in 4" on target. Fifth I pulled.
I put the PST on so that I could improve on that , and hopefully have some fun with gophers at the 500yrd + mark. Obviously it won't be as fun on a windy day.
I'm just interested to see what that round with the factory twist can do. I don't think i can make any rounds for heavier bullets with that twist.
You'd have more knowledge than me on this stuff smokinyotes, I've followed your posts on 250s for a while now. I've just played around with longer range stuff cause I've never had the right optics, but now I'm hoping to have some fun with it now that I have a decent scope (IMO).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk