View Single Post
Old 03-21-2017, 07:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by raab View Post
Ralph wanted privatized healthcare, couldn't get it done without losing the federal funding. Still no suprise to see places like MIC pop up during his tenure. Also deregulated the electrical companies, and privatized liquor retailers. But keep dreaming that Ralph Klein had any sort of semblance to Rachel Notley. The WRP was formed specifically because the PC party had gone to far left after Klein. If we had continued on the same course there's a good chance that the WRP doesn't even exist.

Personally, I think folks are expecting away too much with a change of government and there's going to be a lot of disappointed ultra right wing conservatives out there. If you're expecting huge cuts in healthcare or education, I betting it won't happen, simply because those type of cuts would cost too many votes from the main stream electorate. We may loose the carbon tax, but I'm betting in its place we'll get a PST or increased income tax, neither which will benefit the average Joe. Perhaps a few cuts to admin positions in the government, but nothing wholesale. I think too many are thinking a change in government is going to make up for the loss of provincial oil revenues. IMO, that's just wishful thinking. Time will tell I guess. A new government can't do much worse than the last two.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk