View Single Post
Old 03-21-2017, 04:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by deaner View Post
If anyone is interested in what the people at the canadian firearms program have to say, i had to call them this morning on a different matter but asked them about the topic of this thread and their answer is the only place a restricted firearm may be legally discharged is at an approved range.
Sounds about the same as asking the guy working at customs telling you that you can't import something, and after you ask him to call his supervisor, he finds out that you did actually do your homework and are obeying the law. In this case, it sounds like the law is vague. Same situation with putting a child on a motorcycle, I call the government folks, and they tell me it depends on whether an officer feels he can ticket me for doing something dangerous, and at that point the lawyers will have to decide if I made a bad call or not, so I would have to spend time fighting it. Our country is designed for folks to back down and be scared, not a country that has laws that are easy to understand and follow, or make any sense. Having one's own opinion is also frowned upon, just follow the herd.